As you know - blogging is therapy for me. I know, I know - you've heard it before.
But Seriously!! I appreciate you all for being such a big reason that I'm not in the loony bin. You make amazing listeners, solid sounding-boards, diligent feedback-givers and because of you, I can see the light...surely, the light of Christ.
Somehow it just does a world of good to get it out. Well, instead of actually venting this time, I'm highlighting the positive. Filling up my cup because sometimes I need to remember this:
Philippians 4:4-8 (NIV)
4Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
And I need to remember that no one person makes a perfect union. Together we make a complete person. There are things about my husband that add value to us as a couple, things that he is that I am not. This is my focus today.
4Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
And I need to remember that no one person makes a perfect union. Together we make a complete person. There are things about my husband that add value to us as a couple, things that he is that I am not. This is my focus today.I love him because~
He is a taskmaster.
There is nothing he can't tackle and execute brilliantly.
He makes great small talk in groups.
(I am miserably bad at this.)
His wavy, jet-black hair.
His strong jaw and neck.
He makes sure that all of our needs are met.
I love his laugh and smile.
His hands, I love his hands.
His love for the outdoors. He actually vacuums on a regular basis.
He's always washing and folding a load of laundry.
He always smells yummy. Always.
And, most of all - he loves me, that's the best quality of all.
These Allman Bros. songs will forever remind me of those weeks and months that Chad and I spent together in the early days, falling in love.
It was a regular treat for me to watch and listen to him and his buddies play and sing these classic Southern Rock tunes. I know where I was, I remember what I was wearing and I can smell October in the air. . .this is the night that I first told Chad that I loved him. It was some night, I'll share it with you, soon. :)


6 comments:
I love this!
I love him because he loves you. But, I loved him even before that, from 10th grade Biology.
Marriage is quite the three legged race-- we can all laugh about, fall down, get up and finish... in a lifetime.
See you in a few minutes!
Bek
I love him for his sexy man thighs, his stong man hands, and his gentle touch.... I've said too much....
DV
i think i may be in love with him too after reading this post!! ;)
you two were made for each other...the proof's in the pudding!!
still impressed that he vacuums AND folds laundry,
J
I agree with Jill...laundry and vacuuming?!?! Wow! What a MAN! :0)
Love you both!
Greer
i think my brother loves him for the same reasons... but especially the music :)
Who doesn't love Chad... what a lucky gal you are!!!
Post a Comment