Sort of lonesome and left to my own devices - - not grounded at all, using fleshly reasoning in my circumstances and desperately off-track. Honestly, I have just been frustrated, wanting so much more for us, noticing how other couple's seem to get along with little or no conflict and wishing for that.
Realizing all the while that it's a dance, something to figure out and learn and perfect. We all struggle, we all fight but geeze, Lord. This is who you chose for me I'm sure of it. . .so why are we both pulling our hair out. Sigh.
I also realize that these are the harder years, small children, tight bank accounts, spread butter-thin each day and night - - I get it, but can't it just be easier, can't we just get along, is that too much to ask?
"Know, prudent cautious self-control is wisdom's root."
So, I hope and pray for progress, to dig in and get back on the right track. Claiming this verse all the way to Atlanta yesterday. . .
Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
for my annual exam (pictured with Sloane).
with Heather Heaton. . .can I just tell you that God links us with exactly the right people at the right time.
She told me about a book she has that I should read, called Sacred Marriage. I ALREADY HAVE the book, believe it or not. Of course, I haven't read it yet but have pulled it back out and am reading it now.She also mentioned that she's listening to an Andy Stanley series on marriage, Staying in Love (how timely). I got an iPod for Mother's Day (again, very timely) and have now downloaded the 2 messages he already taught in a 4 part series at NPCC.
I listened to the 1st message last night and can I tell you:
Go to the link for the series, you can download to your iPod or listen online. It's free and like manna from heaven for your marriage.
And so I'm learning, making progress and trying to apply this verse- words from Christ,
34"A new command I give you:
Love one another.
As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."
Love One Another. . .
"You first, no you first, no you first, no you."
Ok, I'm going to try that. Thanks Lord!

6 comments:
Hang in there, sweet girl. God has big plans for your precious marriage. Anything worth having takes a lot of work.
I will have to check out the book that Heather recommended, sounds inspiring.
Loving the Balicki's,
J
Praying for you...we have all been there at some point. There are many times when all us others are looking at the Balicki's and wishing we were dancing like you guys.
Hang in there and fight, fight, fight for each other...love you much!
D
Love you to death Mary Balicki. Your honesty, your heart. It's a pleasure to be your friend. L.
it is a dance, friend. love your heart and wisdom.
Mary, as I was reading this I was thinking that I was going to call you tomorrow to tell you about Andy's series! Crazy...
I am learning SO much from this series and today's message felt like it was directly spoken to me. I am really trying to apply all that I have heard in our marriage~ I love you and (especially in this stage of our lives) we do have to FIGHT for our marriages! Call me and we can chat~
Greer
Been praying for you guys all week that God will reign in your marriage and the enemy will have no place there. He knows both of your weak spots. Found something simple to keep in your Bible that I'm sending you tomorrow. I love you both and I'M fighting for you!! Your friends are here to hold your arms up when you get weary.
Much love,
Michelle
Post a Comment