Monday, August 23, 2010

Healing in progress

God has been so real to me on this journey of healing.  I want to thank you for your calls, emails and comments as you lovingly encourage and spur me on - - is there anything better than words of encouragement?  They are like chocolate mousse or a great pedicure.  I crave them and when they cover me, I feel Jesus through your words and healing seems even closer and more real.

Every song, every verse and yesterday's sermon spoke straight to my healing and my root is definitely shrinking, I can feel it.  Praise God!!

I have held onto my roots like badges of honor - not wanting to forget or let it go. 

Again. . .Forgiveness doesn't make it OK, it makes ME ok. 

I'm so thankful for the process of binding up my woundedness - right now, I'm picturing myself on a low stool and my Sweet Saviour at my feet applying the soothing balm of his Spirit and wrapping my wounds, while reminding me that He can care for them much better than me.

Forgiveness is possible because of HIM.  Healing is possible because of the same.  How about 30 days of focusing on this.  Feeling like I won the lotto.

Enjoying the view of freedom on the horizon.  :)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow I loved your word picture of the soothing balm. I've re-read it 3x's! You rock Mary Balicki.

Heather said...

you inspire me.