Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Smick'n em

Sloane and I recently had our first baking experience together. I was making the "Yummy Cookie" and she wanted to pitch in and help. Notice she's wearing her swimsuit - it may or may not mean we're headed to the pool. Each morning the kid sheds her p.j.'s for her summer uniform.


The next thing I knew she was going into the cabinet for a mixing bowl and to the drawer for a spoon and demonstrating what she wanted to do with the batter and eggs. This is how it went



Sloane: I want to "smick-em".

Me: Smick them?

Sloane: Yes, smick-it all around.

(Be still my heart)

Me: You want to smick?

Sloane: Yes!

Me: Ok, let's smick.

And smick-'em we did. . .



See video:



6 comments:

Jill Hill said...

she's a mini-mary! adorable!!

Danielle said...

ADORABLE!! Oh my...how can you stand it? I want to smick her! :)

Anonymous said...

Have I told you I love 3-year olds? More specifically, have I told you SHE is my favorite 3-year old? ~MB

Rebekah said...

Sloaney, You must have known that I needed a belly laugh on a Thursday morning!!!!!! I love you angel and your smick'n 'em ways! You are the cutest, sweetest, funniest sugar bunch in the whole wide world!!!!

LOVE!
Aunt Bek

Lisa said...

This is so cute! And I'm lovin' her little bling around her neck to go with her swimsuit!

Anonymous said...

Mary, I can hardly stand it, she is so precious. It makes me just want to squeeze her. Her little mind is always thinking, but "smicking" the cookies, getting her bowl and utensils and working so hard is more than I can stand. I am loving it. Sloaney is always asking "Why" about everything. She may be the first woman president one day. After all, this still is America where you can become anything you want to be, isn't it? I know Sloane thinks so, in facxt she knows so.
Love you,
Mom/Nana