![]() |
| Audrey Claire - First Day of 2nd Grade |
Another day, another milestone in our balancing act. This week, Audrey is headlining. As if starting 2nd grade wasn't enough, she lost her 8th tooth the day before! It's such an enjoyable experience for me to have this bird's eye view of my sweet girl. She approaches each milestone with verve and abandon, albeit the cautious variety. ;)
From the moment we received the letter from her new teacher, she has been PUMPED about this year. She already knew her and loved her, so of course she was delighted. Then, as we parked the car on Monday night at her school's open house, she look at me and said, "ahhh, it's good to be back!" I laughed aloud at her warm affinity for BES. . . I love you, Audrey Claire!!!
From the moment we received the letter from her new teacher, she has been PUMPED about this year. She already knew her and loved her, so of course she was delighted. Then, as we parked the car on Monday night at her school's open house, she look at me and said, "ahhh, it's good to be back!" I laughed aloud at her warm affinity for BES. . . I love you, Audrey Claire!!!
![]() |
| Sweet Sisters |
Hard to believe that this is her 3rd year in elementary school. My sister-in-law, Sherri reminded last night, "Don't Blink". I received her wise words with a big gulp, while doing my best not to feel the weight of them. Of course, she has been there, she knows.
![]() |
| Daddy came home from NC |
It was a family affair indeed!!! After spending so much of the summer apart, we were thrilled that Honey was able to be home for Audrey's first day. He wouldn't have missed it, even though he had to work a full day and drive home, getting in late the night before.
![]() |
| Mommy and her girls |
![]() |
| Audrey and Mrs. Barnes |
![]() |
| Audrey and Sloane spending time with "Izzy" (is he a boy or is she a girl?) |
Mrs. Barnes is Audrey's new teacher and it didn't take long for her (and Sloane) to fall in love. She has PETS in the classroom and Sloane a.k.a. Ellie Mae Clampett, COULD NOT get enough of the hamster. Sloane/Ellie even got to feed it before we left.
| Audg and Mom |
She got off the bus at the end of the day with the biggest smile. I cupped her face in my hands and said, "let me look at you, oh you look like a 2nd grader to me!!" Her face was beaming as she giggled, busting at the seams to gush about her day. I got to hear it all from start to finish and the highlights for her were:
- When she spoke up to ask her teacher a question and mistakenly called her Aunt Beka.
- Also, she was quick to report that her classmate has "Tae Kwon" diabetes (Type 1 Diabetes). Oh my goodness, I wasn't able to stop laughing at this and she said, what . . . did I say it wrong? To which I replied, yes and I'll never tell you how to say it right. ;)
Looking forward to the weekend - celebrating birthday's with Greer's sweet girls and then a fun afternoon at the Fox Theater seeing a movie on the big screen with Audrey and Sloane. Their 1st trip to the Fabulous Fox. Can't wait to see their faces. I love that place and I know they will, too. :)))







3 comments:
Between, Tae Kwon Diabetes, calling her teacher Aunt Beka and declaring that she's so glad to be back at school~ I want to drive east on I-20 and squeeze her!! :) NOW!
So glad to see you guys this weekend.
Love you, Audg!
Bek
Rebekah took the words right our of my mouth!!! How sweet!!! I can't wait to see y'all!!
PS. Do they have to wear uniforms? If so, y'all are soooo lucky!!!
Mary -- Your girls are just as beautiful as their mommy! Yes, watch those "blinks" - as I look at my oldest, about to start 11th grade; she's now the same age that you and Rebekah were when you started yearbook!
Post a Comment