It seems like yesterday that we were counting off the days until May 23rd.
This was day that our family left for our very first trip to Orlando,
to meet Mickey, Shamu and all of their pals. . .
The girls had their autograph books and couldn't get enough of meeting all of them.
![]() |
| Audrey and Sloane - Sea World |
The resort where we stayed was a little slice of heaven.
I think the kids loved the pool there almost as much as meeting special friends like Chip and Dale.
I think the kids loved the pool there almost as much as meeting special friends like Chip and Dale.
![]() ![]() |
| The Balicki's - Cocoa Beach - Summer 2010 |
That week was a gift for us - a time to get away and heal. We all needed the rest and reprieve but Chad and I especially needed this trip. I'll never forget this special blessing, the timing of it and the sweet memories we made. God is so good.
For example, Audrey's vocabularly - advanced as it is, still boasts a few homemade words. Every kid does this, but hers have always been an even better version of the real word. As a younger girl, she would say that something was "crickely" if it was wrinkled or prickly. Now, she says equally adorable words such as "smitch" instead of smidge. And my personal favorite, "The Fritz" instead of The Ritz (as in Carlton). Sloane is not far behind with "PBS" instead of VBS and my very fave, "skunscreen" instead of sunscreen.
I love being home with them to hear all of their cuteness first hand. As Audrey begins 2nd grade this Thursday, I'll remember this summer as one where we were closer than ever. While Daddy traveled to NC for work each week, we bonded, soaking up the sun at every available opportunity, staying up late and sleeping in . . . Did I mention that God is good? He is.









3 comments:
who would have thought your summer would be so amazing and wonderful...GOD DID! You're right HE IS GOOD. By the way Audrey looks so much like Hannah in the picture on the rock. B.E.A utiful!
I'm so glad y'all had a nice vaca @ Disney - we can't wait to go in a few years!
Love the pic of the girls walking away in the grass. I can't believe how big Sloane is getting.
Have a great day, Lisa
There is just something so sweet about having girls!!! I think it's great that you have been able to bond with them this summer!
Audrey looks so old in the picture of them on the rock. I agree she looks so much like Hannah! Precious girls!!!
Post a Comment