Oh my goodness, I am IN LOVE with this little guy!!!
Danielle was a rock star - she made us all so very proud of her. I can't tell you how amazing it was to be in the room when Eli came into the world. Seeing him take his first breath and savoring the expressions of euphoria and delight on Danielle and Lee's faces was simply a priceless experience.
Lee was a rock the entire time - he didn't miss a beat and was everything Danielle needed and more. He's a natural as a Father - so attentive and cute and very protective. So sweet.

I've never witnessed a birth from this vantage point. When it's happening to you it's difficult to absorb and hard to grasp. It all happens so fast and seems strangely foreign but when you are watching your best friend it's easier to "get it" and take in every amazing moment, ahhh. . . - and so we did, Danielle's mom (Ginny), Melinda and I sat perched on a nearby couch as Danielle pushed and remained calm and focused. She had a team of nurses, the shift changed at 7:00 and none of them left, she ended up with 4 nurses at the time of birth. Each had walked along this road with her all day long and in the end they were dear friends. Thank you Joy, Angel, Jessica and especially Kristin, Dan's very special nurse extraordinaire. :)
He's a darling little bundle at 6 pounds and 19 1/2 inches long. I can't wait to see him again and hold him as he wraps his tiny fingers around my own.
I'm telling you - - being at Piedmont twice in the last few weeks is not good birth control at all. I want another one, people!
For now, I'll rest in the joy that this weekend brought. It was so good to be with the Moore's and Copeland's at the hospital, everyone pulling for team Eli and now mission accomplished - PTL!!
Love you, Dan! Little Momma/rock star!! So proud of you!!!!! :)
Special thank you's to the list of friends and family that helped with my kiddos and made it possible for me to be at "The Mont" for 2 entire days.
Nanny, Leslie, Stephanie, Kelli and Dana - y'all are THE BEST and Danielle thanks you, too! :)

8 comments:
you are such a sweet friend!!!
This is DEFINITELY one for the ages. For the rest of Eli's life, we're all going to be bonded in the best way possible. I'd like to echo all the love that Danielle has sent your way - you were A-M-A-Z-I-N-G yourself. I just watched what you were doing and followed your lead the whole time. Between you and Danielle, who was so incredible during the whole birth (CRACKING JOKES! I can't believe it. She's so fabulous, it kills me), I'm just in awe.
Love to you, missy. Hope your week is getting off to a great start!
Oh - we went back up to the hospital and little Eli grabbed my little finger and RUBBED HIS NOSE on it. I could not be more in love, really. Can I say amazing again? AMAZING.
Ok. I'm going now. Longest message EVER.
I recognize that gown! Do we not love Piedmont...
Congratulations to Danielle. :)
Hey Mary. How awesome is it to be in the room when a little one comes into the world. AMAZING!!! Eli is too precious. I am so glad you were able to be there with Danielle. Love ya!
What a sweet post from an even sweeter friend. How great that Danielle got to have you by her side through the entire process! Can't imagine the mountains that had to be moved to help you with childcare!!
He IS beautiful!! Just like his mommy and daddy!!
xoxo!!
I am teary eyed reading this....what an amazing experience! Not that I want to completely go back to Friday and Saturday but I had the best time really. I was surrounded by the best team - you, Lee, Melin, Jennifer, Mom, and the real rockstars of the weekend - MY PIEDMONT NURSES!! I had the best time and am so blessed. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all you did. Lee and I still say every day that we could not have made it without you...nor would we have wanted too. You are my rock and I love you!! xoxo
D
I love this post about your Eli weekend. He is so sweet! Could he be a better addition? I love how he looks like a baby model in each photo. Mary you are such a good friend. But, Danielle was Piedmont good to you as well.
A friendship whose bond was made somehow even tighter, over and over, at Piedmont. I love it!!
Love all around,
bek
Congratulations to the Copelands! He is a beautiful baby! M, you will be bonded to Eli for life after going through that experience. And... yes, it's your time! :)
Love,
Michelle
Post a Comment