Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Soaking up the Sun

Audrey & Sloane - Destin, FL - July 2008


On the bay in Destin Harbor.



We just got home from a different style of vacationing than we are typically used to experiencing- - sure, it was the beach, Destin in particular but far more ocean than beach.

Chad's friend (and boss) took us out on his boat several times and I have to say that I loved every minute of it!!!I really couldn't enjoy being on the water more than I do. Definitely more used to doing the boat thing on a lake, though. I learned to adapt quickly as I tried to put the Jaws theme song out of my head while we stopped the boat on our dolphin search. :)

There's a way cool place in the Bay there, it's called Crab Island - the water is just a few feet deep and boats anchor to hang out and relax (no shoes, no shirt, no problem).


You can see the bottom and it's basically like a
gigantic baby pool in the bay. This was my favorite part of our vacation, Chad explored and found hermit crabs for the girls to enjoy (I absolutely loved watching them look at the crabs he found, so darn cute!)

It was very good to get away and soak up quality time with my little family.

We did have a lot of ocean-time but we did do a few other things, too.



The pool was a lot of fun and we had some really good food - especially at Louisiana Lagniappe and The Back Porch (pictured).

My favorite though, was The Back Porch, mostly because I actually ordered off of the seafood section
of the menu!!!!
And, drum roll, please - she liked it, because it was DELICIOUS -

Does tuna count as seafood, it wasn't your average tuna!
Here's the menu description. . .yum!
Black Jack Tuna -
Jack Daniel's® marinated, blackened tuna topped with roasted peppers & onions

Little divas - looking off into the Gulf (or rather, the volleyball players)! Audrey (toes pictured, cutesy pedicure courtesy of
Aunt Leslie and Hannah's trip to the nail salon - thanks again!!)
and Sloane were both barrels of fun and Chad and I were a good team - not only that, but we actually had time to laugh and play and relish our time together, can we go again, soon?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mary & Chad & the little ones!! Look like you guys had a great family vacation. Love seeing all of the great pictures too!! Talk to you soon...
Kristin & Millie

Melinda Williams Moore said...

Uh, HELLO SUPERMODEL. You look FANTASTIC, Mary. In case my all caps weren't stressing that enough.

I am jealous of your boating! I love boating. I want a boat. A big sail boat. With sails that I don't know how to use. I'm not into the beach, but put me on the coast in a sailboat and I am YOURS FOREVER.

Love you!

Danielle said...

Okay...I am SO proud of you and SO jealous! I just spent a week at the beach and had no seafood b/c I couldn't stand the smell of it right now and look at you! YAY!!!

I also love, love Audrey's toes!

Glad y'all had such a great trip!

Love you -

D

Rebekah said...

Melinda is right! You look Mah-velous!! I am glad you guys had such a great holiday. I wish I went with you! Next time, pack me in your suitcase.

Love you,
Bek

Amber said...

Great pictures. Such an adorable family! Love the hats and sunglasses for the wee ones. Gotta keep them babies protected from the sun!! Reminds me... I need to go to the beach soooon!

Tracey said...

What great pictures!! I absolutely love the gulf~ the water is so pretty. You have a beautiful family.

And, I am so PROUD of you for eating seafood!! What did you order?