Friday, July 25, 2008

Noteworthy ;)

I attended Tissie's funeral yesterday. We were all blessed by a touching service as the minister's gave a combined, endearing eulogy. They reminded us of the amazing woman that she was and how she's experiencing God's grace to the fullest now in heaven. There is such peace in resting with that knowledge. . . isn't peace priceless?

Being at an event with Gina means knowing nearly everyone there - we are in church and Bible study together and she shares all of her inner circle with me. Even beyond that, when she speaks of her people, she always explains who they are, how they fit into her life and why she knows and loves them so. (She likewise knows all of my favorite people in the same way, she'll say how do you know them, how are they related to you, etc. always wanting to complete the puzzle - love that about her. Oh and I'm not special, she knows all of Leslie Cardoza's and Magda's people and their names and which Aunt is the mother of which child.) . . .You get the picture, she's pretty much a walking rolodex, a very sharp rolodex and really cares about all of these details - another reason she's one of my favorite people on the planet.

I have a point, I swear - - after the service we all congregated in the church lobby to visit. So many faces, all of us are simply crazy about the Merritt's. It was a mini-reunion of warmth and love. I saw Anne Almasy, Carol's daughter (Gina's bestie). She and her sister Katie were at Landon's birth back in April at Northside. We sat in the waiting room together for several hours and were able to talk at length. I was thrilled to see them again yesterday, both are such neat women. Anne and her husband, Dan are photographers, they own their own successful business - Almasy (Love that name!) Anyway, I asked her how her work has been going and Katie said, tell her about "Ty" and Anne said, "Oh, yeah! I photographed Ty Pennington last week".
*OMG!!! While I'd been running back and forth to swim lessons, she's been rubbing elbows with this cutie! How cool is that.*

I told her that I am blogging now and she wanted to check it out, so Anne - you're way too cool for me honey~ but this is it, take a look and keep me posted of any new celebrities! :)

A couple of additional notes:
  • Gina welcomed her 2nd grand baby into the world last week while we were at the beach, a daughter, Adalyn Paige. She's GORGEOUS, tiny and precious and I'm in LOVE!!! Ben and Amanda's genes are an awesome combination!!
  • Big hugs and love to Danielle for sitting with Audrey and Sloane while Chad and I attended the funeral - you're my girl, 8 mos. pregnant and still giving - THANK YOU!!!
  • Audrey is off to Papa Tom and Nini's for the weekend (Chad's Dad & Debbie). I plan to post about all of her adventures there. We're headed down to Oconee on Sunday to hang out, go swimming at the Lake Club and bring her home. Stay tuned. . .
  • Danielle's friend shower is this weekend - I'll be co-hosting with all of her besties. Can't wait!!! :)
  • Jack and Sloane will be reunited very soon. He's going to sleep over at our house on MONDAY!!! YEA, Buddy - see you soon!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary! I love your blog... all the little bits of insight into your life. :) Thank you so much for sharing it with me! And... um... WHATEV, I am so not cool. I'm probably the biggest dork ever. You just don't know me well enough yet. :D It was wonderful to see you yesterday!

kristinandmillie said...

i always love your choice of music mary! i like the new john mayer song you've added.

xoxo,
kristin