Thursday, June 18, 2009

Hero


http://www.mefeedia.com/entry/a-heros-salute-staff-sgt-john-beale/19630112

Rebekah sent me this link and I'm so glad!! It gave me the opportunity to "be there" and re-live it for myself. We weren't able to attend this special homecoming but I so wished that I could have been there and taken my girls. I try to thank soldiers for their service at any available opportunity and this man gave it all, one of many but yet distinctly unique.

I watched this with tears streaming down my face - - Folks standing on the roadside with their hands over their hearts, holding flags and the homemade sign, that read
"Freedom isn't FREE".
Thank you Sgt. Beale, we honor you.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/local_news/Fallen_Georgia_Guardsmans_Family_Talks_060609


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I didn't watch your clip, but someone sent something to me today and I was sobbing! I'm a sucker for anything to do with soldiers, firefighters, and all-around tributes to America! Set it to music and I'm over the edge! We did get to take our family to the square in Fayetteville for SSGT. Beale's homecoming. It was unforgettable!
Thanks for posting this, Mary! Love you, MB