Her steps are gentle yet deep, filled with magnetic love and laughter. She is beautiful and graceful, intelligent and down-to-earth. She makes you want to know her better and just be near her. I can't imagine my childhood without her influence and simply marvel at the love she can create in any setting.
Rebekah and I had the great privilege of lunching with our Sweet Becky today. Our visit was long overdue but absolutely worth it. She came bearing gifts, one for each of us, perfectly wrapped with gorgeous ribbon. Inside our packages were adorable monogrammed beverage tumblers. I have always admired these but never splurged on one and was delighted to be spoiled yet again. :) This is her signature trait, giving.
I watched Audrey and Sloane interacting with her today. (It was their first meeting.) I noted the exchange as they connected and couldn't help but feel the greatest joy warming my heart.
Becky listened to Audrey sharing details of her world, including Kindergarten and her newest Webkinz. Then, she gently crouched down to bond with Sloane as she shared with Becky her version of a story from the clustered events of Friday afternoon. I observed her really savor special moments with both of them, wanting to gather who they are.
I remember being a little girl and doing the same thing, wanting to tell her everything and knowing she would listen. Literally, not being able to wait to see her again and praying that she'd plan a visit soon. My wish came true again today.
We look forward to another visit soon, closer to her neck of the woods, near Calhoun and sharing some special time with her darling daughter, Wimberly.
I love the rare feeling of not being able to explain the value of an act and even more the relationship -- what she did for us as young little women.
You clearly can't fathom the impact you can make in a child's life by pausing to invest and notice their significance.Becky, I wanted to take the time to say, thank you again for everything. . .and you know what I mean.
We love you, Becky Wimbish Burch - you are every girl's hero, whether she is 12 or 33! :)

2 comments:
I love my Becky. She is our "cousin" and so much more. No pressure, just admiration of the highest degree. She is so sweet and so solid all at once.
I am glad for memories like ours that she graciously gifted us with and hope for a future of knowing her Calhoun based family and finishing her sentences.
My heart overflows with gratitude that words can't explain.
Here's to giving it a good effort.
Love you Mare,
Bek
I, for one, was thrilled to have had the chance to meet her for a brief moment on Sunday afternoon. What an influence she has made on me, just by hearing the stories told by you about sweet Becky.
Thanking the Lord for all the Becky's out there,
Jill
Post a Comment