Thursday, January 22, 2009

Tea for Twelve

We had a wonderful birthday celebration for Sloaney -
she's officially THREE!!!

Her party drew some of the cutest children in town.

It was a day to celebrate not only Miss Sloane, but also all of the things that little girls love!
They dressed up, went to a doll shop, had a tea party and birthday cake - can you think a better way to party at this age?!!

Thank you for spending part of your Saturday in a tea room/doll shop and being there to mark her special day!

It wouldn't have been the same without you!!!
I admit, I was scurrying around the tea room trying to serve the prince and princesses so I don't have all the pictures that I would have liked, but here are the ones that we did manage to capture.

Me and my girls.


All of this partying wore Sloane completely out!!!

The after-party. . .the birthday girl got a long nap (Mommy did, too) and then ate her cookie/party favor (yes, I did also).

Then she attempted to open her gifts as Audrey wanted to intervene and take over, they worked it out though and we enjoyed every bit of it together.

Sloane was happy to share the spotlight. Our life is not nearly as calm and peaceful as it seems in this photo -
but there are moments like this when the day is nearly complete, especially a milestone day and I feel overcome by this great love and all that matters in the world are these two little women.

5 comments:

Danielle said...

And what a day it was!! I wish I could have sat at that table and brought my doll...thanks for including Eli even though he slept thru the entire party. Sloane looked SUPER cute in her sweet dress and big ole bow...perfect birthday/tea party attire!

Bravo Mommy!! It was planned perfectly...AND I did love, love the cookies. Lee and I split the cookie...such a shame Eli couldn't eat it! ;)

Lisa said...

Great pics Mary. I especially love the last one w/ you and your girls. Happy Birthday Sloane. :-)

Melinda Williams Moore said...

That last picture is the ultimate Mommy picture! Years from now, I guarantee that will still make them smile, looking back at how attentive and clearly happy you were having your girls surrounding you.

*sniffles and gets all misty*

Melin

Jill Hill said...

There is no other place that we would have rather been than at Sloane's little tea party. Presley and I both loved every minute!!

What sweet pictures, i too love the last picture. It speaks volumes of your love for your sweet girls. Precious.

enjoying these milestone with you,

jill

Anonymous said...

I adore that angel! Great pictures!
Love,
Michelle
P.S. - How did the ice breaker go tonight?