Rebekah had several thoughts of a new plan, all of which we tried (my thighs are still sore) we moved, readjusted and rearranged multiple times. Once we'd move a couch or chair away from the prior position, Bek would grab the vacuum asking if I'd rather enlist the big guns or continue with my dust buster. I opt for convenience and she opts for good sense. So, she'd get out the vacuum, tell the kiddos to buck up and get over the noise and go to town. All the little dust bunnies were very sad to see my sis coming at them. . .
What was originally putting my Christmas tree up became an episode of Clean Sweep. Beka made me go through all of my stuff, cleaning, tossing, good-willing anything that I didn't love. From my mantle, to my end tables and everywhere in between. Our efforts even spread into my bedroom. She even dusted my ceiling fan, people - despite the height!! It makes me dizzy just thinking about it! :) From about noon until 7pm this went on, while also meeting the needs of 4 children. It was crazy but only the type of crazy you could enjoy with the closest of family. The tree went up as she was leaving, after everything else was done.
So, I'm de-cluttered now and thanks to Bek have a very good feeling. Yesterday, after her lesson, I did the same thing with my kitchen counters. It's so nice to only have the things you love.
I think I'm a pack-rat, ok. . . I totally am. I know there are worse ones, but I certainly have a problem. At least, I am still teachable, though. Please note: I do not need any more home furnishings. If you love me, you won't buy me anything more than a lovely candle because no matter how much I don't need it, I will not be able to throw it away. Never mind, I think I can, I think I can. . . with Beka's help!!
Love you Bek and Thank You!!! Warm-fuzzies abound!!!
PS: Today, we're off to start some Christmas shopping a little early - just me and her with no little ones. Dawsonville, here we come!!! Yippee!! Thank you, Dana!!!! :)

4 comments:
I want Beka!!! xoxo
that is so fun! i wish my sister would come over and do that for me!!! do a post just on what to get rid of ... i could use that.
happy turkey day!
I have a huge smile on my face. What fun to clean stuff out. After our day on Monday, I have wanted to genie myself back to your house and just soak it all in.
After arriving back home, I keep asking myself "do I LOVE this?" It is a huge help to ask that question. Somehow when your house is cleared of "nick-nack-brick-a-brack" (as David calls it)your brain follows suit.
You are my top thing to be thankful for today. Everyone needs a Mary.
Hugs and Love,
Bek
wow!! what a Thanksgiving blessing!! you both are just the epitome of sisterhood. it really is fun and inspiring to admire. love you both!!
and bek, i am always in need of some sprucing up in the household area...my place, any time!!
XOXO!
Post a Comment