Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A little window

Sometimes. . .I don't want to answer the phone.
Sometimes. . . I lose my temper and swear.
Sometimes. . .I get sucked into reality television. ;))

I'm so not put together. Without HIM, I am truly nothing.

John 15:5 (New Living Translation)
5 “Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.

There are some times though when we have a little moment, a God stop and I get the overwhelming feeling that I'm on the right path.

Tonight, I was especially enjoying Sloane. Rocking her, loving on her and telling her I can't believe she is 5. Really, where did the time go?

A short time later, I was tucking her into bed. She is so uniquely beautiful to me. I love her pudgy little mouth and her husky voice and the way she enunciates her words so well. And especially the way she sucks that thumb until it's flat as an iron. Her vivacious love of life is indescribably beautiful and there are moments when it just hits me and I can't help but be in awe of her. I was kissing that freshly bathed face, saying prayers with her and thanking God for my Elizabeth Sloane.

She said,

"Mommy, sing me a song."

In my best youth choir voice, I sang these words (with clapping and hand emotions, of course).

What a mighty God we serve
What a mighty God we serve
The angels bow before Him
Heaven and earth adore Him
What a mighty God we serve.

She had the most peaceful look on her face as she listened. I sang it twice and she smiled that sweet smile.

"Mom, I bet Jesus loved that."

I buried my face in her curls and kissed her sweet cheeks.

"And Mom, I bet Jesus and his 12 disciples were all dancing while you sang."

Have I mentioned that I love that kid? :))

3 comments:

Greer Dierkes said...

So so sweet....I love those precious moments. When we're old and gray(er), you can look back and remember these sweet times. You also transformed me back to Chi Alpha when I was 15 with that song! Love it...hug those girls for me!

Lisa said...

This had me choked up. XOXO.

Jill Hill said...

mary! i love those same things about our sweet sloane. she is a masterpiece created by the Great Artist. your words resonate in my heart.little girls are so captivating. heart-melting and beautiful. <3

i love you, friend.