Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Counting Down

I saw this quote yesterday and it made me sort of feel guilty for happily wishing each day away.

"Don't count down the days, make the days count." 

Ok, note to self. 

It's just really nice to welcome cooler days and the final month of pregnancy - never fully understanding how some women revel in this process and the feeling of being pregnant (have those women experienced their 3rd trimester throughout a Georgia summer?). 

Being a science project is an undeniable blessing but let's face it - - it's also a science project.  I'm not a fan of the process but my eyes are on the PRIZE.  I cannot wait to hold that sweet baby girl and kiss her plump cheeks and put a bow in her thick head of hair.

On Monday, we had a glimpse into her little world and saw our precious Gabby via ultrasound.  Her tiny nose, her fist, her forehead, her dark hair, her heart beating rapidly - - I am IN LOVE.  Seeing her was no accident, that little face and the memory of it will propel me to Oct 28th when we will formally meet on the 2nd floor of Piedmont Hospital (if not before).

In the meantime, I'll be striving to Make The Days Count.  ;)

4 comments:

Tracey said...

I can't wait to meet the newest Balicki!!!
You are such a trooper!!!
xoxo

Jill Hill said...

oh, mary..i love that quote! so true, so true! you are so close...i cannot wait to meet Gabby!

love you BIG!

Heather said...

i cannot wait to meet her!!!!!

i did not love being pregnant ... i love the 'science experiment' - love it!
love you!

see you at the Mont.

xo
HH

Rebekah said...

Somehow, I know exactly how you feel. Sweet Gabby, saving the best for last. Let me at her, let me at her. Honey bunch, I can't wait!!!