Friday, January 8, 2010

A Fresh Start

Last month was a blur. It was a good blur, I think. I really hate saying goodbye to Christmas or admitting that I didn't quite absorb all that it means before it was over. It gives me a run for my money every year so saying goodbye is kind of bittersweet.

This holiday was a especially wonderful for us. Our girls are all about Christmas - from Santa and his cookies to the all important reindeer food, they couldn't be any more engaged in the magic. Nevertheless, we are quick to bring the focus back to the nativity and the much deeper meaning of this important day.

We celebrated and celebrated and celebrated some more. First with Chad's family. Double the pleasure, double the fun and then with my massive family. We sang Happy Birthday to Jesus complete with a sheet cake (thanks Mom) before the day came to an end and loved every minute of our quality family time, giving thanks and praise for a loving Savior.

Saying goodbye to 2009 is sort of bittersweet as well. I feel like I learned so much about myself this year, not without braving a trial or two or three. Somehow, passing from a young mother to a more seasoned one. I'm so grateful that,

"with age comes wisdom".
What a gift, I'll gladly trade a gray hair, fine line or wrinkle for the ability to take a deep breath, calmly face my situation with resolve and a fervent prayer.

Chad and I are absolutely happier than ever and it's with great joy that I utter those words. I LOVE THAT MAN. We just toasted 8 years since our delightfully special Christmas wedding and I look forward to the next half our life together with a very full heart. He was made for me, plain and simple.

Big thank you's to Chad's precious mother, known best around here as "Nanny" and of course "Papa Gary" for making every last Christmas wish come true for our girls. They are spoiled rotten and we know who to thank/blame. ;)

I'll post pics when I have a minute. Stay tuned. :))

1 comment:

Tracey said...

I'm glad to hear you had a great Christmas! It's always over way to fast... I think I have the post Christmas blues... not sad just sorry to see it go!
Love you bunches!!!
XOXOXOXO
Tracey