This blog post has been shaping itself in my mind for some time. (Probably has to do with hormones and PMS, but nevertheless.)Ever find yourself being annoyed by the day to day things that creep in and drive you bananas!
Thankfully, I can catch and release with a much needed (cheap) therapy session right here.
You know me, I'm going to share my list of annoying things. Please add what I might have missed, I'd love to know your "bugger" push points.
For now, here are mine:
For now, here are mine:
- Kiddie tantrums/real tears over which outfit they're going to wear.
- Putting a child to bed that gets up and needs something after I've already given the drink of water, said prayers, tucked them in and met every need under the sun.
- Complaining, especially when it's combined with talking back. :o/
- Talking to a customer service rep on the phone who hums or makes mouth noises while they are thinking. (whatever you do, please do not make mouth noises...)
- Being over scheduled and having way too many events in one weekend.
- Crumbs on the floor and even worse - stepping on them.
- The way that toilet paper and paper towels seem to disappear around here!
- Dishwasher is empty, sink is full of dishes and I left it clean when I went out.
- Cleaning out the kids drawers and keeping them organized (it's a jungle in there).
- As soon as our lawn service comes, the rainstorm blows in and we now have pine cones, branches and leaves covering our previously immaculate yard.
- Taking my recycling to the other side of town, such a pain (love to recycle, hate the hassle).
- All of the school papers that come home from PTO fundraisers to the upcoming pageant or carnival, every day there's a new pile - I'm telling you, it's ridiculous!! (save a tree, people).
- Getting a call on my home phone, cell phone, but no message on either #. (my Mom just did this last night and I've done it, too - but it reminded me not to if I can help it.)
- When I didn't realize that we're out of something and I've just returned from the store. (grrrr!!)
- Applying deodorant after showering, then pulling my shirt over head and getting deodorant lines on my shirt! (hate that!!)
- I'm in a hurry and a car pulls out in front of me (when no one was behind me) and then turns on their blinker to turn at the next street. (you've got to be kidding me.)
- Does anyone else's man, chew their food like a horse? --Audible mouth noises while eating. (If I only had a mute button on that chewing.)
I'll post things I love next week (which would be much longer) - just wanted to let that out. :)
Happy Monday!!!!!!!!

6 comments:
I am feeling you! A couple that would definitely be on my list are the getting back from the store only to realize you forgot something and trying to keep kids' clothes organized especially from season to season! What a chore! I'm going to have to think about the mouth noises... am I guilty of that one? :) And get a dog... they're great for the crumbs! Of course, then you have the hair, so nevermind!
Have a great day!
~Michelle
i can completely relate to all of this! especially today when i am feeling under the weather..everything irks me right now!
thanks for the laugh!
love you!
ok, first of all ... love your new 'dress' on the blogola! very cute. posh.
i could have written SO many of those myself.
here are a few extra:
1. people calling a GYN office to leave a message, but they can't 'talk' b/c they are at work. GO IN THE HALL PEOPLE - YOU CALLED ME!
2. repeating what I say. for example: you will need to bring in your insurance card when you come. ... (offending person)" so, I need to bring in my insurance card?" ... yes. And, you need to fill out your paperwork prior to your appointment please.... (offending person) "so, i need to have that filled out BEFORE i come in?" .. OMG - YES! Am I wasting my breath?
3. people STOPPING right inside a door to do something. like in publix for instance ... right when they get in the door, they STOP - dead stop_ to look around ... um, hi!?! i'm right behind you .. and i KNOW where i'm heading ... can you get over to the side?!?!
4. when it's STOPPED raining and the person driving your car keeps the wipers on and it SCRAPES against the windshield.
5. when i leave and come back and not only is the kitchen still full of dirty dishes .. but there are MORE dirty dishes .. and it is obvious that the Wii has been played. if you have time for Wii - you can clean my darn kitchen!
Ok .. blood pressure rising - I'm going to have to stop.
Love you though.
xo
yes yes yes yes and yes!!! i need a list!! maybe it would decrease my inner boiling point before I spew!
AMEN sista!! I thought I was the only one that stuff bothers me as much as it does, & yes, I blame mine on hormones. But some things are just annoying & do not need to happen! Add 1 more to your list...Kate Gosselin whining & yelling & picking at everybody!!!! You are a sweetie pie!
1. When the toilet paper is hung the wrong way. You should pull it down from the front.
2. When you are on the highway and people get over to the fast lane and drive slower than the people in the right lane. It's like they think the fast lane is actually faster if you just park your car in it. No dude, you have to press the gas.
3. When you've been a loyal customer with say Comcast and you are paying through the nose but there are commercials on everyday for much cheaper plans. You call them up and they say it's only for new customers (interpretation: We already have you over a barrel sucka!!)
4. And since ya'll brought it up... I've told Bek before how obvious it is when a woman tells a man to act a certain way or tells him to say something that he wouldn't have said on his own... Take John and Kate. I can't stand that show because he is so laid back and she is so mean (and I don't agree with the excuses, just be nice) but it seems to be on at least one night a week when I am going to bed. She tells him to take her side or tell the kids to do such and such and you can tell by the enthusiasm how fake it is. So take note of that women. Its very unbecoming when you whip a man in to saying or doing what you want him to. Now he just looks like a pathetic soul and you look like.... well.... Kate.
DV
Post a Comment