There are days when I find myself never wondering when or what I'll eat - no snacks, just breakfast, lunch and dinner and I'm good.
Then I'll have a day (like today) when I find myself at Chick-fil-a for breakfast and am quite sure that a very big, very hungry, linebacker has invaded my body and given me his appetite. You could call it ravenous. . .
I remember being at the beach a few months ago and telling Chad that I was constantly hungry and could eat nearly anything in sight - just the kind of appetite you want at the beach with a swimsuit in your daily wardrobe. . . but I've been thinking - (shocking, I know) that it's very common to have an insatiable appetite when we are ovulating and maybe that's how God intended it, right? Didn't He create me after all. There must be a reason I crave chocolate, and that my car ends up at Chick-fil-a, when I wasn't planning to go there. Is it simply related to hormones or is there more to it?
Is it possible that to be more desirable to our husbands our bottoms should have a bit more shape and our tummies a little more full. Could that have been God's plan? Why am I programmed to think the complete opposite, sadly society has been plagued with a standard we cannot meet by what the world thinks we should look like or weigh.
Think of the early paintings, those priceless works of art of women in the buff - they aren't slim like Gisele, they are fuller figured Marilyn's with gorgeous curves.
Think of the early paintings, those priceless works of art of women in the buff - they aren't slim like Gisele, they are fuller figured Marilyn's with gorgeous curves.

What if it were possible to set a new standard of beautiful that begins with our hearts. Could we teach this to our daughters? That the secret to happiness is much less about the size of our jeans and the number on the scale and much more about love, mercy and grace. . . I hope so!
By the way, my breakfast fillet and sides of pickles were AMAZING!!! :)
And, don't worry - I'm not about to go pick flowers in my birthday suit!! Ha! =D

7 comments:
okay, so i really need to know when and where you took this picture of me?? i SWEAR that is what i look like in the buff picking flowers!!! :0
i can't believe you posted about this..because i have been thinking about this subject for weeks now. why do i try to make my body into something that it's not?? all the while to have my husband prefer the curvier, au natural...ME! (thank GOD!!!!)
off to chic-fil-a i go!!
toasting you with my chicken sandwich,
Me
once again! we think so much alike! and yes, we should teach our daughters more values and less on the other! i totally agree!
why our world has come to make us women think we must be a size 0 to be pretty is obsurd!
eating right is the new sexy if you ask me!!!!
love you so!!!
ps..the denmark thing was a miracle in itself...we just kinda got lucky in meeting her. :)
cannot wait to see you soon!
love you~
Thanks Mare! Now I am totally craving Chick fil A!! It sounds more delicious than ever before. With pickles, HMMMMMM...
I am always starving mid month and wonder why? Marilyn, of course. The constant effort of our bodies to pack on the lovely LBS.
I seriously am about to pack the kids in the car and head to CFA since I am not cooking tonight but packing for Wisconsin!
I think it is funny that all of our kids birthdays fall within a few days of each other. We are easy targets for folks to figure out our weaknesses.
On that note, Jill, take some Advil, I won't be far behind, at all.
Love you guys!
Bek
All I'm thinking is Winter time's a comin' and it is nature's rule to insulate ourselves so that we can survive the elements...good job for doing your duty!!
i love this post. i was just reading about how much our mind thinks on our looks and such is just a distraction from GOD.
i just laugh!
CFA was great, thanks.
Post a Comment